Your Staten Island, NY Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation & Social Security Disability Attorney
- Personal Injury Law for clients throughout New York. While not all injuries make you eligible for compensation through a personal injury lawsuit when negligence is involved you may have a case. When someone is negligent whether it be a homeowner, driver, animal owner, company, doctor, manufacturer, supermarket or another negligent party you may have a lawsuit in which you can recover money for your injuries and damages which were incurred from the negligent act.
- Workers' Compensation Law for clients throughout New York. If you were injured at work in New York, you are eligible for workers' compensation benefits. In fact, you likely cant use your own medical insurance to treat your work related injuries.
- Social Security Disability Law for clients throughout New York. Certain disabilities and injuries can qualify you as disabled and cause you to be eligible for Social Security disability benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA). Although you do not need a lawyer to apply for Social Security disability benefits sometimes applicants are wrongfully denied benefits from the SSA. In these cases we fight for our clients to receive the benefits we know they rightfully deserve.
If you have legal need that falls into one of our specialized areas, contact us today at 718-701-2776 to discuss your case in detail with one of our experiences attorneys. We believe that only by combining legal expertise with active client communications and goal setting can a truly effective result be obtained.
Mr. Dito can review your situation, build your case, and ultimately secure you the compensation that you need and deserve. When additional benefits are available to his clients, such as claims for workers compensation or social security disability, Mr. Dito vigorously pursues the assistance that his clients deserve. We approach each case with a litigation strategy that is designed to accelerate the possibility of a favorable and timely settlement while simultaneously preparing the case for trial and maximizing the opportunity for a successful verdict, and we strive to keep our clients informed and educated throughout the process and proceedings.
on these websites
Accidents resulting in serious and costly injuries occur daily on Staten Island and in New York City. Whether caused by car, truck, van or motorcycle crash, dog bite, dangerous products that can harm both children and adults, uneven sidewalks, open manholes, or unsafe conditions at work, construction sites, or even amusement parks – many of these accidents could have been prevented if not for the negligence of others. If you have been injured in Staten Island or the rest of New York City, turn to experienced and specialized injury lawyers at FJD for help. The Staten Island based accident and injury lawyers at FJD are dedicated to helping their clients find fair and comprehensive representation for their personal injury and accident cases.
Police officers, firemen, EMT's, volunteers and other first responders suffering from health problems due to the September 11th World Trade Center tragedy are becoming more and more common. Recently, President Obama signed the Zadroga Bill in honor of James Zadroga. The Zadroga Bill offers health services and financial compensation for 9/11 first responders who are suffering from health problems due to exposure to dangerous toxins and dust from the building collaspe. To apply for benefits under the Zadroga Bill or the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund contact our Staten Island law firm today for additional information and free consultation. Frank J. Dito Jr., a WTC Victim lawyer in Staten Island, can be reached at 718-701-2776.
The Staten Island social security disability law firm with the answers to the disability questions of Staten Island, Brooklyn and New York City residents. If you are unable to work due to an injury or disability you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits (SSDI). The Social Security Administration has very specific and strict requirements for being able to collect Social Security Disability Insurance. If you have a question about your eligibility for disability benefits or have been denied Social Security Disability Insurance, Frank J. Dito Jr., an experienced Social Security Disability Insurance Attorney can review your denial letter and work with you to obtain the necessary information you need to win your case and collect your Social Security Disability benefits.
The New York workers' compensation law firm with the answers to your work injury questions. If you are hurt at work, you may be eligible for worker’s compensation cash and medical benefits.
What to do if you are injured at work?
- If you are injured at work, seek medical attention immediately.
- Inform the doctor or hospital that you were injured at work and they will bill your employer's workers' compensation insurance.
- A soon as possible, tell your employer or supervisor about how the accident happened and that you were injured.
- To receive workers compensation benefits, you need to file a claim soon after your injury and notify your employer in writing within thirty (30) days.
- Contact the law offices of Frank J. Dito Jr. to file the necessary claim forms so that your employer will have notice of your injury and your benefits will continue.
After the claim is filed, you will need to regularly see your doctor so that your cash and medical benefits will continue. Insurance companies will send you to their doctors for an IME, which is a paid opinion by a doctor that the insurance company chooses. Their IME may tell you that you don't need any more medical treatment and that you can return to work. Your medical treatment and cash benefits may stop. It’s important to have a worker’s compensation attorney quickly file a claim with the worker’s compensation board so that we can file a request for further action to have a judge order your cash and medical benefits to continue. If you delay in hiring an attorney for your worker’s compensation benefits, it may take months for those benefits to be reinstated. Don't delay, retain a worker’s compensation attorney today. At the law offices of Frank J Dito Jr, you will not need to pay any money out of your pocket for us to represent you. Depending on your claim, you may be eligible for a lump sum cash award. Even if you have a claim where benefits stopped and you returned to work, you still may be eligible for a cash award. If you have a question about or have been denied your eligibility for worker’s compensation benefits, contact Frank J. Dito Jr., an experienced Staten Island and Brooklyn, New York Workers' Compensation Attorney, to review your case and work with you to obtain the necessary information you need to win your case and collect your worker’s compensation benefits.