6 Steps in Filing a Social Security Disability Claim in New York
Frank J. Dito, Jr.
While your disability may seem obvious, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you will qualify for benefits. Filing a Social Security disability claim in New York can be very challenging. This is why it may be in your best interest to secure legal help from a Staten Island Social Security disability attorney.
6 Steps to File a Social Security Disability Claim in New York:
- Initial Application - Social Security Administration determines which disability program for which you are eligible
- Medical Determination - a medical determination is made on your claim
- Reconsideration - if your initial claim is denied, you may file for it to be reconsidered
- Hearing - if the request for reconsideration is denied, you may appeal your claim and request a hearing
- Appeals Council - if the hearing does not result in a favorable outcome, you may then make an appeal to the Appeals Council
- Federal Appeals - this is the final step if your claim is denied by the Appeals Council
Each step in itself can be very time-consuming and complicated, which is why you should enlist the help of an experienced attorney.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "6 Steps in Filing a SSD Claim in New York"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."