Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

A Car Accident Can Lead to Permanent Disability

Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.

Blog Category:
Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Comments (0)

When most people think about car accident injuries they first consider a personal injury lawsuit. While this is generally the best option to obtain compensation for your current injuries and losses, your settlement may not always take into consideration permanent disability compensation.

Many serious personal injury cases such as those resulting from a car accident will settle for amounts that do not take long-term consequences of the injury into account. Most settlements offered from the insurance company will cover your current medical expenses and lost wages, but not those you are estimated to accrue in the future.

The problem here is that your injuries sustained in a car accident may be severe enough to cause permanent disability. If you are unable to work and earn an income for more than 1 year following your personal injury you may be eligible to receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits.

To determine whether you are eligible to receive SSDI benefits after a personal injury accident causes you to become diagnosed with a disabling condition you should first consult with a New York Social Security disability lawyer. Your lawyer can assess your accident account and injury type and see if it is beneficial to file for SSDI benefits. These benefits can be your answer to long-term financial assistance for your future treatment and needs.


Category: Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "A Car Accident Can Lead to Permanent Disability"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.