Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

How do I file a Workers Compensation Claim?


A claim is filed on a prescribed Form C-3 for workers' compensation for your work related injury, occupational disease, disablement, or death. You must file a claim within a two-year period from the occurrence of the accidental injury, or your knowledge of occupational disablement, or death. Failure to file your claim may prevent your eligibility for compensation benefits unless the employer has made advance benefit payment or fails to raise the issue, in which event the claim filing requirement is deemed waived.

Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.