Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

I was a victim of a hit-and-run accident; I don't have any insurance - who will pay my medical bills?


If you were the victim of a hit-and-run driver in New York State, you may be eligible for medical benefits through the Motor Vehicle Accident and Indemnification Corporation, or MVAIC as its more commonly known. MVAIC was set up to help protect innocent victims of financially irresponsible car owners.

A claim would be made to MVAIC just as you would if you were in an accident with another car. MVAIC will pay for your medical treatment and lost wages according to the No-Fault regulations, as well as compensation for your injuries, up to $25,000.00. In order to be eligible for benefits, you must report the hit-and-run accident to the police within 24 hours, unless it would be physically impossible to do so. Failure to timely report the claim may prevent you from receiving any benefits that you may have been entitled to.

Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.