Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

If my employer didnt have workers compensation insurance, what can I do?


You may still be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. The workers’ compensation board has established an “uninsured employers’ fund”  which provides for the payment of workers' compensation cases where the employer was not insured nor self-insured and has not paid previously awarded workers' compensation benefits. In some circumstances, you may be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against your employer for his failure to have workers’ compensation insurance.


Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.