Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

My daughter was injured by a hit and run driver on Staten Island. The police never caught the driver and my daughter fractured her leg. Can we sue anyone for her injuries? How will we pay her medical bills?


Yes. If you or a relative you live with owns a car, your daughter will be entitled to No-Fault benefits through your or your relative's insurance policy. He or she will also be able to claim uninsured motorist benefits against that insurance company to compensate her for her injuries. If you don't own a car, in New York State, a claim can be made to the Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation (MVAIC). Your daughter will be entitled to No-Fault benefits as well as be able to recover for her pain and suffering. However, the time to do so is extremely limited by law so it is important that you contact my law firm immediately.

Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.