Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

What does it mean Arising Out of and in the Course of Employment?


In order to file a workers’ compensation claim you must have an injury that "arises out of and in the course of" your employment. An accident that “arises out of your employment” is one that results from a hazard of the employment.  An accident that occurs at a time, place and under circumstances related to the employment is an injury that occurs “in the course of your employment.”

Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.