Q: Who is eligible for monetary compensation through the Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act?
Those eligible for monetary compensation through the Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act are as follows:
- Sanitation workers;
- Window washers near Ground Zero;
- Commercial cleaners in the building or areas surrounding Ground Zero
- Those who cleaned the toxic debris, dust, and fallout from Ground Zero such as janitors and porters;
- City workers and private carting and sanitation workers who removed the debris and refuge from the 9/11 sites, including along route to any dump or landfill;
- Barge and other maritime workers, such as dock workers, captains, and others, who helped move the debris and materials from the World Trade Center or the nearby areas;
- Transfer station workers who handled or helped move debris and materials from the 9/11 sites.