How to File an Accident Claim with Your New York Insurance Company
Filing a car accident claim with your New York car insurance company can be very important if you were recently involved in a car accident.
When a car accident takes place in New York and there are damages to either car or injuries a claim will have to be filed with the insurance companies of the drivers. When you contact you insurance company about the claim it will be in your best interest to have supporting evidence for your claim if you believe you are not at fault in the accident.
- Information that is useful to have when filing a claim with your insurance company include:
- Photos of your vehicle
- Photos of the other person vehicle
- Photos of the positions of the vehicle on the road
- Photos of injuries if visible
- Witness information and statements
- A police report file number and where a copy can be obtained
- Any other relevant notes about the accident
The more information you provide your insurance company with when you file the claim the better chance you have of your story being correctly told, understood and interpreted by your insurance company and will give your insurance company a better chance of proving you are not at fault in an accident if you believe you are not at fault.
For more information if you were involved and injured in a car accident in New York call 718-701-2776 or fill out our online contact form.