Preventing Disability in New York: 5 Ways to Improve Heart Health
Cardiovascular conditions are one of the top causes cited in many social security disability cases; however, there are 5 helpful ways to improve your heart health to avoid the frustrations of filing a claim. It it's too late for preventive action and you already have a severe heart condition, speak with a Staten Island Social Security disability attorney to get help with pursuing a New York disability claim.
5 Ways to Significantly Improve Heart Health
Besides incorporating more exercise into your life, changing the way you eat is one of the best ways to improve your heart health.
Follow these tips for better health:
- Reduce intake of saturated and trans fats: this is a very important step toward improving heart health. Incorporating less saturated and trans fats in your diet can lower your blood cholesterol, which can eliminate artery blockage.
- Choose low fat protein: instead of eating fatty meats to achieve your protein needs, try beans, peas, and lentils. They are a great source of delicious protein. Low fat milk and egg whites can be substituted for whole milk and eggs. Likewise, eating fish is a great way to satisfy your daily protein needs and stay lean.
- Eat your fruits and vegetables: not only will this reduce your risks of heart disease but fruits and vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals, and the fiber you need for a healthy life.
- Avoid processed foods: reduce your consumption of canned or boxed foods. Many meals or snacks that are processed contain high levels of salt, which is damaging to your heart.
- Adjust your serving size: This may be the easiest way for you to start improving your heart health. Portion control can leave you feeling comfortable after eating, instead of bloated, and it also gives you more room to fit in healthy side dishes. Remember, the standard portion of pasta is about ½ cup and the correct portion of meat is no more than the size of your palm.
These 5 dietary changes can help you reduce the chance of you developing a serious heart problem. Always know that, in the event of developing a heart condition that has or could leave you disabled from work, you may be eligible to file a New York disability claim to receive the benefits you need. You should meet with a Staten Island Social Security disability attorney who is able to help you through the process of your claim.
Contacting a Staten Island Social Security Disability Attorney
Before you file your New York disability claim, be sure to take advantage of this free consumer's guide: 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Filing a Social Security Disability Claim. Contact a Social Security disability lawyer at The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr. for help with building your disability claim at 800-310-5520.