Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 800.310.5520
Phone: 718.701.2776
The Law Offices of Frank J. Dito, Jr.

Qualifying Disorders for Social Security Disability Benefits: Ankle Joint Dysfunctions, Knee Joint Dysfunctions, Hip Joint Dysfunctions, Elbow Joint Dysfunctions and Wrist Joint Dysfunctions

Frank J. Dito, Jr.
Car accident, personal injury and workers’ compensation attorney serving Staten Island and Brooklyn New York.

What is Joint Dysfunction?
Joint Dysfunction is a condition where the joints of a particular area are unable to move properly and may be caused by any type of physical trauma or proposed chemical or mental causes. 

Joint dysfunctions that are considered qualifying disorders to the Social Security Administration for disability benefits are broken down into the following categories:

  • Ankle Joint Dysfunction
  • Knee Joint Dysfunction
  • Hip Joint Dysfunction
  • Elbow Joint Dysfunction
  • Wrist Joint Dysfunction

How do I apply for Social Security Disability benefits if I have a Joint Dysfunction?
If you have a join dysfunction and wish to apply for disability benefits the first thing you will want to do is fill out a Social Security Disability claim form as soon as possible.

What do I do if I have a Joint Dysfunction and I am denied disability benefits?
If you have a joint dysfunction and were denied disability benefits by the Social Security Administration you are given the opportunity to appeal the decision to deny you disability benefits.  Presenting an appeal to the Social Security Administration can be done with or without an attorney but it will be in your best interest to hire an experienced disability attorney to present your case before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ).  Remember if you have been denied disability benefits by this point you have probably filed your disability claim over a year ago and you want to make sure your case is presented correctly before the ALJ so that your case will not get denied once again. 

How much money am I entitled to from disability benefits if I have a Joint Dysfunction?
Because every case is different you will want to contact a Social Security Disability Lawyer to discuss your specific case with.