Staten Island Motorcycle Accident | Motorcycle Injury in New York | Motorcycle Lawsuit
Motorcycle accidents can leave you with dangerous injuries and possibly even result in a fatal outcome leaving the motorcyclist and their family in a situation where they are hurting physically, emotionally and financially.
Motorcycle accidents can occur anywhere whether you live in a city or whether you live in the suburbs. New York City motorcycle drivers are often at a higher risk of being involved in an accident than other places because of the congested area in which they drive in.
- Road Rash - When an individual is thrown from a motorcycle their unprotected skin meets the pavement which can cause skin and bone abrasions commonly known as road rash.
- Fractures - When an individual is involved in a motorcycle accident they may be thrown from their motorcycle or the motorcycle may land on their leg. The most common fractures from motorcycle accidents are leg fractures and wrist fractures. Although these types of fractures are the most common in motorcycle accidents fractures can occur to any part of the body in a motorcycle accident. Often times the fracture or bone break may be so severe the the bone may break through the skin.
- Disfigurement - When a person is involved in a motorcycle accident their face may get scraped against the ground, may directly be hit by a vehicle, or may get burnt from the heat from the motorcycle resulting in facial disfigurement or dental disfigurement. Reconstructive surgery and dental work is often required to lessen disfigurement from a motorcycle accident.
- Brain Damage and Concussions - Often there is some type of head trauma sustained from the motorcycle accident. Depending on the severity of the head trauma from the accident it is possible that a concussion or brain damage can occur which can ultimately lead to a change in a persons overall quality of life and how they are able to independently care for themselves. Brain injuries can also lead to death.
- Spinal Cord Injury - Spinal cord injuries in motorcycle accidents are common and often times result in a loss of movement in legs or can result in paralysis. Spinal cord injuries occur when the vertebrae protected cord that transmits nerve pulses to the brain and the rest of the body is damaged.
There are a few pieces of information that will help in determining who is at fault in the accident. One of those things is a police accident report which will list who was involved in the accidents, what areas on the vehicles are damaged and the positioning when the accident occurred. Other information that will be helpful when determining someone is at fault in a motorcycle accident are pictures and witnesses. All of these things will help prove your motorcycle accident case.
When determining who is at fault in a motorcycle accident it is important to consult an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in your area.
What Should I Do If I Was Involved in a Staten Island Motorcycle Accident?
To speak with Frank J. Dito Jr. about any questions you have regarding your possible Staten Island motorcycle accident case call 800-310-5520 or email us by filling out our contact form.
Things to keep in mind until you speak with us:
- Do not speak with the insurance adjuster
- Do not speak with the negligent party or anyone representing them
- Make sure you go to the doctor or to the hospital to have your injuries evaluated properly
- Keep any follow-up appointments that the doctor or hospital wants you to go to
- Go to physical therapy (if required)