Tractor Trailer Accident in NY | Injured in a Tractor Trailer Accident
In Staten Island and throughout New York City busy and congested roads are shared between average sized vehicles and tractor trailers - many of which weigh 10,000 pounds or more. When an average sized vehicle - whether they are a car, pick-up truck, SUV, mini-van or any other type of average sized vehicle - collides with a tractor trailer it can result in a dangerous and sometimes deadly outcome.
Have You Been Injured in a Staten Island Tractor Trailer Accident?
- Driving fatigue - Tractor trailer drivers often make long drives. If the driver does not take the proper amount of stops and does not sleep the proper amount of hours in between driving it could result in driving fatigue.
- Speeding, tailgating, improper lane changes and other forms of careless or reckless driving - Often times it is just the tractor trailer driver driving inappropriately that causes an accident.
- Unfamiliarity with roads - Being unfamiliar with road can cause a driver to become distracted no matter what type of vehicle they are operating but the damages and injuries increase when the vehicle involved in the accident is a tractor trailer.
- Vehicle size and weight - Tractor trailers are large in size and often weigh a lot which makes it more difficult to control and operate them, especially on turns.
- Poorly maintained equipment - Improperly maintained tractor trailers create a very dangerous situation. Tractor trailers are large and heavy, if important components of the tractor trailer are not properly maintained such as brakes and tires it can create an unsafe situation for the tractor trailer driver and others on the road.
- Prescription drug usage or over the counter drug use - Many over the counter drugs and prescription drugs alike have warnings on them to avoid driving and operating heavy machinery due to the medicine causing drowsiness.
Our law firm is experienced in a variety of types of motor vehicle accidents. To speak with Frank J. Dito Jr. Staten Island tractor trailer injury lawyer call 800-310-5520 or email us. Our firm is dedicated to helping you. We know that this is a time in your life where you do not need unnecessary stress and we do our best to help our clients through their case and work our hardest to get you the most money you deserve. Call today for a free consultation.